In the book: "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" Professor Lupin teaches his third year Defense Against the Dark Arts students how to face - and transform - their greatest fears, using a simple charm.
The class line up in front of a cabinet that contains a creature called a boggart. Boggarts are shape-shifters that automatically assume the form of a person's worst fear. Professor Lupin instructs his students to take turns, standing in front of the cabinet and facing their worst fear.
For each student, the boggart emerges in the very convincing form of that which they fear most. For example, Neville's fear of Professor Snape causes the boggart to appear as ... you guessed it, Professor Snape! Ron Weasley's fear of spiders causes the boggart to appear as a giant spider.
The challenge for each student is to face the thing they fear most, aim their wand at it, say "Riddikulus" and imagine that thing as something funny. For example, Neville imagines Snape wearing his grandmother's clothes; Ron imagines the giant spider on roller skates. The boggart immediately takes the form of whatever the student creates in his imagination.
So, what's that got to do with FasterEFT? Try this technique when working on memories - especially memories of things or people that frightened you as a child:
1. Use FasterEFT to bring down the emotions of the memory first.
2. Imagine the little you in front of you.
3. In your mind, give that little you a magic wand, and teach them the charm, just as Professor Lupin did with his students.
4. Open the cabinet door, and let out that person or thing that you feared most as a child (or fear most now).
5. Now, you and the little you, aim your wands at it, say "Riddikulus!" and imagine the person or thing in an absurd and funny way.
6. Practice seeing that person or thing in the new way three times immediately, and then at least once a day for the next week - and write it in your Happy Journal.
You can't change the person or thing themselves, but you can change how your subconscious represents them.
This "spell" changes the reference you hold in your subconscious. Try it, just as an experiment... and see what happens.
Odille and Steve Remmert are specialists in subconscious reprogramming. Having significantly transformed their own lives by changing their subconscious programming, they're excited to be helping others do the same!